On the 9th episode of Season 4 on Bois & Bar Talk, we are drinking Guava Weisse by Night Shift Brewing. It’s a Sour, but also described as a Fruited Berliner Weisse with a 5% ABV. Guava Weisse also has notes of guava nectar, pink lady apples, and sauvignon blanc.
This drink of the week pours with a milky goldish color. The bursting flavor of guava along with a good amount of carbonation makes it a delightful drink to have. Not too many sours on Bois & Bar Talk here. This one was a fantastic switch-up and we would definitely try again!
How We Rated Guava Weisse
- Rob’s Rating: 8.3/10
- Kev’s Rating: 8.1/10
We kick off the show reminding everyone to check out the website Boisandbartalk.com to check out all of our episode posts. We do show notes and ratings for every beer and every episode.
Here’s how the episode goes down with Guava Weisse.
Coming Back from a Mini Mid-Season Break
It’s been a few weeks since we uploaded an episode. We’ve just been tying up the loose ends of Summer and we took a vacation together. We spent time down in Virginia Beach just to hang out and get away.
Virginia Beach (for those who haven’t been there) isn’t a super culture type of place. It’s more family oriented, but there are also lots of locals. The food was solid and there wasn’t too much for a bar scene. Overall, a really nice boardwalk, beach, and cool spot to walk around.
- Here are some highlights from Virginia Beach 🙂
- Watching Spence try to sneak into a free fair
- Buying a Subway frozen pizza for absolutely no reason at 2 in the morning
- Ordering 40 hash browns just on our 8 hour drive there
- Hanging out at a bar called “The Chicken Spot”
- Having an Uber driver blast some song called “Birthday Bitch” and throw on disco lights
- Rob having a 2 hour hiccup spree
- Kev got tricked into believing he spent $95 on Uber Eats
Looking for more?
If you would like to support the show, take a look at our Patreon page. Also, with Patreon you can support us financially so we can at least break even on our expenses, expand faster, and keep exploring new drinks!